Sunday, January 10, 2016

Wrangling Scraps

 So I still have three drawers of blue scraps, because last year, blue got three months.  It is just one of those colors.  A lot of the blues are already sewn into crumb chunks from earlier years.
So I started pulling out scraps, and ironing and sorting.  
 Then running some scraps through the GO, focusing on Kites, and Geese and Drunkard's Path units.  I was going to use the kites to cut up crumb blocks, but they are smaller than I imagined when I ordered the die.  Maybe I'll use crumb blocks for the geese?  I think there are almost enough of the Drunkard's Path for a quilt.  Maybe I should start sewing those?   I took the girls to see the new Alvin and the Chipmunks movie this morning, and I'm not feeling super motivated.  I think I ate too much popcorn.  We got the carpets cleaned earlier this week, and I still haven't managed to get everything put back quite yet.  Maybe I'll do that while I ponder what to do with all these scraps.   If you are feeling scrappy today too, be sure to head over to Oh Scrap!


8 comments:

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

I have been focused on my blue bins for a bit now too. I was happy when you chose it for the RSC color. I might be seeing a slight dent in them!

gayle said...

I have a lot of blue, too, and I don't even like blue! I'll be interested to see what you do with kites - my daughter got me a kite ruler for Christmas, and I haven't taken time to play with it yet. (Of course I need another project...)

Deanna said...

I am thinking of a scrappy blue (with perhaps yellow) quilt for this coming year. All those blues look great to me.

Kimberly Smith said...

Yeah, Alvin and the Chipmunks can have that effect - lol. My stash and scraps are very heavy on blue also.

Jennie in GA said...

Would love to see you comment more on how you use your Go. Mine just languishes in the corner because I don't take the time to figure out how to incorporate it into my cutting for any given project.

Mystic Quilter said...

What size is the Kite die Angela? This is a pattern I would like to make and have the GO but thought if they had a die it would be a decent size, I like to showcase the fabrics, especially my KF collection. I am also about to start on a Flying Geese quilt and think I can cobble together the pieces needed from the dies already under my table.

Heidi said...

Wow, that's a lot of blue! Looks like fun sorting and sending them through the Go!

Kate said...

That is a lot of blue! Hopefully you had some time to contemplate what to do with all those fun scraps.