Thursday, July 16, 2015

What's Next?

Anna's T-shirt quilt can't go any further until more of the Farmdale Crosshatch 2009 arrives in the mail.  So I carefully stacked and labelled and pinned it.  Then I wondered what to do next?  Maybe to piece a backing for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge Sampler of 2014?  It has been done since last year, but waiting patiently for its turn at backing, batting quilting and binding.  I'm not sure if this one will be next, but if I go with the 10.5 inch square plan, I could work on cutting those between other things.  It will use up most of my stash of solids, which both makes me sad and happy.
I went into to work this morning after dropping Ryan off at camp.  I got my schedule and class list and started setting up my classroom for the new year.  I know that it seems early, but I'll be leaving for Costa Rica in just 2 weeks.  Missing all of preplanning and the first three days of school has me a little bit concerned, but I have the next two weeks to get all of my ducks in a row.
First though, Miranda's t-shirt quilt is so close to being done.  I think I'll eat lunch and settle in for just a bit more binding sewing.  I'll make a pillowcase to put it in and that one will be able to be crossed off the list.  One at a time, things are getting done.  

3 comments:

Delighted Hands said...

What a great next project; I love done and this quilt is a beauty!

The Joyful Quilter said...

While we LOVE to use up our scraps, I agree that it is bittersweet when we use the VERY LAST of something. Don't worry... you can always buy MORE solids!!!

Kate said...

Good luck with your stitching plans. It's so hard sometimes to figure out what's next. It's funny how on the one hand we want to use things up and on the other we don't.