Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Pink Blocks are SO Close!

I had 20 out of 24 pink 16 patches ready to go already.  Believe it or not though, I was almost out of precut 2.5 inch strips in pink!  It feels so good to use things up.  What a strange world we all live in when there is so much of everything that using it up is an accomplishment.  I know some people would rather go out and buy a nicely coordinated stack of fabrics from the latest line, but for me, making something out of what I have feels so much better.  I still need 11 more of the white X blocks, but those go together really fast.  By the end of the day I should have another set of blocks ready to be sewn into a finished quilt.  I might want to shop for border fabric on this one. 6 inches all around will give me the finished measurements I'm looking for.  Then maybe a nice soft flannel for the back?
Kurt took today off.  He's been working a lot of evenings and weekends lately on this proposal he's been doing, so he was in desperate need of some down time.  He did do the math camp pick up and drop off though.  I love picking up, it is the best way to get all of the stories of what happened during the day.  Somehow by dinner time all the detail has been lost.  

7 comments:

Angie said...

I used to love carpool pickup time. I'd just sit and listen. It was always enlightening!

Ellen said...

It is coming along so nicely...and quickly too. I think it looks wonderful in pink.

Amy said...

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle at its finest! I'm siding with you 100% :)

Kath said...

I really like this! a very good use of lozenges, I would not have thought of doing that, I just made the whole quilt with them. I shall remember your idea for the future, if I may.

Margaret said...

What a pretty pink-and-white creation. Well done!

Sheila said...

I agree with you. I feels good to use up scraps and stash.

janequiltsslowly said...

Can you do a quick tutorial on the x blocks. I have a bunch of 16 patches from 2x2 squares and this looks like a great way to set them. I'm unsure of measurements for my alternate block. Thanks.