Thursday, January 5, 2012

Guess Where We Went?

We tried to keep the cruise as a surprise for the kids.  In the process we hardly mentioned it to anyone.  We are home again though, and if there is anything better than going away on a cruise, it is getting back home again.  It was just a short cruise to the Bahamas.  We left New Year's Day and stopped in Freeport and Nassau before heading home again. 
A cold front moved through while we were away.  We felt it come in on the boat.  It was so windy when we landed in Nassau that we broke two docking cables as well as a tug boat and ended up bumping into the dock where we busted off at least three of the posts that were supposed to be holding us in place.  It was almost exciting in a very slow motion/wonder what is happening kind of way.  Other than that, it was a very calm trip.  The kids loved eating in the fancy restaurant each night and getting pizza and ice cream 24/7.  They bounced in and out of the planned activities leaving Kurt and I with a few pieces of quiet time. 
I'm not sure what to do now that we're all back again.  Tomorrow is a work day, but I could spend a few minutes sewing before then I think.  I suppose I should think about unpacking, but right now I'm sitting under a quilt waiting for the heater to warm things up a bit.  Maybe I'll just check out a few blogs and see how everyone else started the new year. 

7 comments:

Judy D in WA said...

What a fun, fun surprise! Great photo. Welcome home.

Deb A said...

What a great surprise for the kids and a neat way to start the new year.

Lynne said...

Wha a great surprise for the kids! I'm sure the look on their faces was a picture!

Andee said...

Wow on keeping it a secret! I am glad you had a great time!

Amy said...

Sounds like it was an amazing lil' vacation (and I'm COMPLETELY jealous!) :0)
Welcome back; hopefully the swing back to work makes for an easy transition.

Ellen said...

Great photo - you have a beautiful family!

Jean(ie) said...

I think my friends were on the same cruise! Ya know, I've been seeing you comment on several buddies' blogs and I finally decided to stop by... Why didn't I do this sooner? Kicking myself!

Mind if I hang out for a while?