Sunday, January 9, 2011

Quilting Done

I just pulled Cerulean Sky off the frame.  It is officially quilted.  I tried floating it, which I've never done before.  I think I like it all pinned on better.  I wish I had used white thread instead of blue.  I think the blue stands out too much, not that you can see it in the picture of course.  The back is a super soft blue polka-dot flannel.  I'm not sure if I'll go get the binding started now or or wait for tomorrow.  I don't think I could get it done done tonight in any case.  I might try doing the finishing by machine this time using one of the decorative stitches on my machine.  I always do binding by hand, but I'd like to finish this quilt soon. 
The men went off to Legos this evening and Anna had a friend over to play, so I took all the girls out to the Chinese buffet. We saw a girl from Anna's glass and our next door neighbors while we were there.  I love that.  Anna's fortune told her not to tempt squirrels with nuts or she would get bitten. 
When we got home I discovered that the dryer had stopped blowing hot air.  Kurt's work clothes had been spinning on cold the whole time we were gone.  He goes out of town tomorrow and didn't know how he could get dry clothes.  When I suggested that he hang them on the clothes line he was skeptical.  He actually asked if I thought that would work.  Maybe he has become a little too dependent on technology when he doubts the effectiveness air.  I talked him into it eventually, but he is convinced it will never work and he'll be forced to take wet clothes to Denver.  He really is a smart guy, but sometimes he makes me laugh.  

5 comments:

Jan Maree said...

I apologise to your husband but I am still laughing at him! Love the finished quilt - need to get me one of those new fangled quilting things you have - need to find out what is avaiable in Australia first!

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

Our rental house would do that with the dryer all the time, there were actually two different fuses, one to make it heat up and one to make it spin around. Might want to check to see if yours has the same thing. Might be a fast simple fix. I am still laughing at your husband though.

Deb A said...

Aaahhhh. Got to love the men in our lives. Wonder how he thinks clothes got dried before dryers?

Judy D in WA said...

Your quilt is great. Your husband is adorable.

Amy said...

Wow---had some catching up to do! Great quilting finish!
I pin my backing to the takeup bar and the first roll-bar, but I don't pin my batting or top---that's how I float.

And uhoh...the twindom has been quiet for awhile, but it now has returned; our dryer ALSO isn't drying like it should!!! ;0) and yeah----he made me laugh too.