Friday, January 7, 2011

Flying

Where in the world did the week go?  It is Friday already and I can barely remember back to Monday.  School is back in full swing already.  We are working through mole conversions in Chemistry and plodding gland by gland through the endocrine system in Anatomy.  The kids are getting adjusted and trying to get back into their usual routines.  I've been working on the blue quilt in the evenings, though I couldn't resist cutting a few more string blocks.  I am loving the GO cutter for squaring everything up.  I'm not out of blue scraps yet, but I have made a definite dent. 
Kurt's parents are visiting tonight on the way to a cruise.  I made a nice roast for dinner and we all played cards.  The kids stuff will keep us on the run tomorrow, but I am so grateful that Kurt is here to help with the juggling.  I think Sunday looks good though, and I'd like to get the cancer quilt finished up.  I should think of a better name than that.  Are there any positive hopeful sounding words that mean blue?

3 comments:

Quilting By Celia said...

Hello Angela, I have just about done with my blue scraps, completing nine of 9" crumb blocks. Now working on my UFO/2011 goals and waiting for the next colour to be announced. Are you able to give us any clues yet ? Happy sewing for the forthcoming week.

Joanne said...

I like to call those "types" of quilts comfort quilts.

Sue said...

lol That was a challenge and a half....to find hopeful sounding words that are blue related. I did find a whole stack of scrumptious synonyms for blue....azure, cobalt blue, cornflower blue, cyan, electric blue, ice blue, indigo, lapis lazuli, midnight blue, navy blue, peacock blue, powder blue, Prussian blue, royal blue, sapphire, saxe blue, sky blue, slate blue, steel blue, turquoise, ultramarine.

I've been trying to motivate myself to cut my scraps into managable, useful slices......no such luck until I came across your blog tonight. I'll be slicing and dicing my scraps according to your monthly themes. :)