Friday, August 6, 2010

Sanity Check


I've gone off on a tanget out of nowhere working on the new midget blocks. Every time I work on a new block though, it reminds me of my poor, sad, lonely Dear Jane blocks. I am too often guilty of starting something new without finishing off the old.
So before I get all carried away with the new blocks, I decided to pull out my blue blocks and figure out what they needed to be done. These were never meant to be a full sized quilt. They are going to hang in the entryway with a delicate scalloped border after being lovingly hand quilted. So it looks like I need 3 more blocks along with some small blue cornerstones and a simple white lattice. I can do that.

6 comments:

Amy said...

small blocks ARE adorable, aren't they!?!?!

This is actually very inspiring for our other new crazy endeavor! Really wished we lived closer, but maybe it's a good thing we don't! Our familes would never see us between getting together for running sessions and quilting sessions ;0)

Linda said...

Your blocks are beautiful. Only 3 more to go is not bad. Be strong and make a date to work on it. (This is something that helps me when I have been procrastinating working on a project. I also only allow myself to work on a new project after I finish at least one or two items. Whatever works, huh?)

Candace said...

Wow that is going to be so beautiful. I love blue and white whether it is quilts or china or pottery or anything. The ones with the tan background remind me of salt glazed stoneware, one of my favorites.

Amanda said...

The DJ blocks work really well in that colour scheme. I think you've got the right idea to decide on a size and stick to it and then finish it. I really ought to dig mine out and make a few more - I don't intend to finish the whole thing either.

Trisha said...

Beautiful DJ blocks! I love that you did them in blue and white. Only three more is awesome. It will be so gorgeous when it is done.

Lindsay Jean said...

Beautiful blocks, and I love your colorway! I'm working on the full DJ, but I'm on a 10-year plan.

Love your midget mania too!