Sunday, April 18, 2010

He So Gets Me




Sometimes I just have to laugh at how much my husband understands exactly how my mind works. He was taking the kids to a sand festival this morning and I was apologizing for not going along. He told me there was no need to apologize, spending the weekend quilting was all part of making the new quilting machine into an event.
So instead I continued the quilting machine marathon weekend with Whirly Giggles. This one is for my niece who wanted something soft to snuggle with. I put flannel on the back, which was a little stretchy on the frame, but is so soft and cozy.

I debated doing some feathers allover, but chickened out and went with a basic meander in the background and some simple arcs in the foreground. At some point I'll need to think about catching up on the binding, but for now I think I'll load up I Spy a Parrot.
I did manage to drag myself out of the house last night for an outing to see a play. I girlfriend of mine called to invite Anna and I to go with her and her daughter. The whole family ended up coming along. It was the Pajama Game, which a silly and enjoyable musical.

1 comment:

Amy said...

LOL....that's right girl----ONE of these days you'll need to put in a good movie (or two) and have a binding party :0)

So--what's the best feature/benefit so far? the stitch-regulator? (gotten used to it yet?) the no-pin-basting? not needing to fight the layers under the machine? the speed of the quilter?