Thursday, April 8, 2010

Blocks Done


I just finished the blocks for Four Square! There are 40 each of the 16 patches and the white sashed four patches. Just enough for a twin sized top. They aren't all ironed yet, but I have to put together a test for Chemistry tomorrow. After school I am going to make a quick trip to Joann's for some more backing fabric and then lock Lizzie in the kitchen so that I can have a little layout party. Lizzie has developed the really bad habit of peeing on quilt blocks laid out on the floor. The floor is my favorite spot to lay out quilts, so we are going to have to come to some sort of arrangement. Unfortunately I can't keep her in the kitchen and still leave the sliders to the pool deck open. The weather is at that perfect spot right now when the doors and windows can stay open because it hasn't gotten so hot the air has to be on all the time.
I've got finished blocks for five quilts ready to go, I'll see how many of them I can get to the finished flimsy stage this weekend. Kurt will have the older kids at OM, but I'll have Sydney for ice skating, then there is a gardening thing at school and a birthday party in the afternoon. Other than that, it should be a nice peaceful weekend though :>.

1 comment:

Amy said...

LOL....hmmm.....
{{sarcasm filling the air}}
yeah, let's just see how many of those block sets can reach flimsy stage so that you have quilt tops Ga-LORE ready for the quilter upon arrival!!!!

LOL
Just be sure you have a bucket of ice ready to dump over your machine this weekend to keep it from over-heating! ;0)

ENJOY!