Saturday, June 13, 2009

Step 1


Step 1 of Christmas Lights is done. With Kurt out of town, I had to rely solely on stash. I'm not horribly happy with the gold and I still don't have a red and green print, but other than that, I think I'm done for now. When I order fabric with no particular purpose in mind, I usually do it in small quantities. That means of course, that when I get ready to actually use it in a project, there is never enough of any one thing. So there are a several similar blacks and two different reds, three different yellows.... I even tried to find more of the same fabrics, but I also tend only to order things on sale, so those particular fabrics don't seem to be available anymore. I'm sure I'll be able to slip out at some point next week to a fabric store of some sort to add to the assortment. Two out of my three are in camp and Sydney loves to shop. When she was a baby, if she started to get fussy on a weekend I'd go to a store and wheel her around in a shopping cart. She would get busy waving and talking to all the strangers that she would cheer right up.
The shuttle didn't go up this morning so we made to ice skating with no problem. After that it was a very quiet home day around here. Playdates, board games, stories, all sorts of good stuff. My big activities were mowing the yard and doing some laundry. Ah, so much glamor and excitement! I'm not sure how I manage to contain my enthusiasm.

2 comments:

Amy said...

You crack me up Angela! Yes, dear, DO TRY to contain your enthusiasm!!!

And, hey.....feel GOOD knowing that all of this project will come from your stash. That's what "scrappy" means (originally) anyway; whatever the ol' ladies had on hand. (besides, I'll be using 2 different golds too for the same reason you have--usually I only buy 1/4 yard unless I REALLLLLY like the fabric).

Cornfield Quilter said...

I like your choices of fabric for the "Christmas Lights" quilt. I was going to start it but this little basket quilt has really got me fired up to work on it. Thanks for leaving a comment about it. I just can't seem to put the little darlings down. :D Have a great week!