Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Meeting Goals


I am so glad that I decided to do one UFO a month this year. Having a simple concrete goal has really kept me on track. I usually choose to put too much on the "to do" list and then end up getting overwhelmed and ignoring it completely. By choosing a manageable goal, I'm getting more done and I am happier with the results. Yesterday I looked at the calendar and realized April was almost over. So today I sat down and sewed on the binding for Welcome, my April UFO. The hand stitching remains, but I'm sitting down to do that now. Kurt is schmoozing clients for dinner so I'll put something mindless on TV and get it all stitched up soon enough.

4 comments:

Sara said...

I really do like that quilt! I love the colors in it!

Its also so nice to get something off our "to do" list that never ends!

Jean said...

This is beautiful! I love it...what a nice feeling to finish one too. The binding is my least favorite part to do. It's not that it's hard...just don't enjoy so much.

Amy said...

Angela
I truly wished we lived closer to each other so I could sneak over and swipe this quilt out from under your nose and hide it. It is absolutely beautiful! The colors are amazing; the block looks so dang-tootin difficult and labor-intensive, and the scallops really were a perfect finishing touch!
You outdid yourself with this one!

Rhonda said...

Love love love how your pineapple quilt turned out!! The scallop binding is a nice touch!